Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Robbie Nevil - Time Waits for No One (Vinyl, 1986) and the debut of my Nexxtech LAB-1100 turntable

B-side of "C'est la Vie" (US pressing, Manhattan B-50047) Requested by longtime subber CBFall. Note: The turntable that I use in this video is a Nexxtech LAB-1100 full automatic turntable with built-in preamp. I found it at my local thrift store for only FLAT. And the normal retail price is 15 times that! I'm lucky that mine is working since most thrift store turntables are marked as is. This turntable ain't actually bad considering that it's made in China and has a plastic platter that is held down by a C clamp! (compared to other generic Chinese turntables of the same array which have metal platters) Officially, I think this turntable has taken the Technics SL-BD20's place as my secondary turntable, because the Nexxtech has far better grounding thanks to the built-in ground wire that sits between the RCA cables! Since the chain of The Source stores in Canada have been selling this turntable for more than 4 years (judging by the review dates on their site), I would guess my model would be one of the earlier ones from late 2006/early 2007. Oh, and outside of Canada, this turntable is sold under the Optimus brand name. Which makes sense because both Nexxtech and Optimus are brand names owned by Radio Shack. Heck, there even might be a Realistic branded version! This turntable is astonishingly similar to VWestlife's Sony PS-LX250H and Pioneer PL-990 turntables, except that my turntable is not a "wide body" model (which both of the aforementioned turntables are). It ...

Cost Of Ipod Touch Cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment